Monday, July 20, 2009

Dear Little Crystal


Yesterday was Craig's birthday. It was also your Grandpa's birthday (Aunt Nancy's dad). Come to think of it, it was also your good friend Tammy's birthday. You will meet her when you get to high school.
I was thinking about Craig as I do every year on his birthday. We do not talk much. He does not like me. I am not sure why, but it is just the way it has been for years. You on the other hand, you think he is awesome. That will change in time as he gets angrier with life in general. But the little you, thinks he is the best.
As I thought about Craig I remember a very funny story about him. I am sorry that my memory is already horrible when it comes to how old you are when these things happen, but I imagine you were about 5 when this particular episode occurs. That would make Craig about 11. That is OLD to you!
You live in a ranch style house. As you walk in the door the family room and dinette area are to the left. The dinette area is attached to the kitchen. Straight behind the kitchen is the formal dining room. Straight in front of you is the living room. If you walk a few steps you will see a hall to your right. All the bedrooms are down that hall. 2 on the right and 2 on the left and a bathroom is at the end of the hall.
On this day, you are standing in the hall talking to ma. Craig is running from the shower to his room when his towel flies open and you see his privates. You have never seen this before. He runs into his room. You are still in shock at what you saw. You look up at your mom and say, "When I grow up am I gonna have one of those?" and your mom, being the quick witted woman that she is does not miss a beat and says "I hope not!"
She was so funny and I think you get your wit from her.
Love as always,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment