Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Separate but equal 12-14-08


(This was one of a few letters I wrote to Little Crystal before I started my blog)

I know you are a part of me. Actually sweetie, you and I are the same person. But, somewhere along the way in my life I began to separate myself from you. In therapy I once learned that it is common for people who are abused or who have suffered a traumatic event to often dream or remember things in the 3rd person. I think this is a mechanism that God gives us to protect ourselves from the horrible reality of the pain abuse or traumatic events cause.
Somewhere along the way I began to see you as this little sweet girl. Not me as a little sweet girl, but rather just some random little sweet girl that I once knew. And although I separated us, I am not like the others in your life. I have not abandoned you. I am here to catch you when you fall, to wipe away your tears, to beam with pride over your triumphs and to love you unconditionally.
Love Always Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment